Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

MIRACLE

Oh, sweet little Bradyn, you are our MIRACLE!! We were not at all prepared for what was in store for us just over three and a half years ago when you were born. I very vividly remember the oh so long days in the NICU, right by your side day and night for over two months. I still can see them wheeling you away to surgery (twice), as Daddy and I cried and held each other tight in the hallway. I will never forget the heart wrenching lows we experienced, followed by the highest highs, which filled our hearts with hope, only to be brought back down again by more horrifying news. To say it was a roller coaster ride is an understatement! Few children have been through what you have. Most adults would not have survived what you did! Here you are, approaching your 4th birthday! Each day has brought a new day of struggles for both of us. You face it head on and I get my strength form you, knowing that if you can do it than I have absolutely no excuses. You amaze me daily with your strength and ability to make anyone smile. I still long for the little boy that we dreamed of. Making messes and getting into everything. Getting dirty and doing "guy" stuff with Daddy and Grandpa. Please forgive me, Bradyn, as I am still coming to terms for everything that will never happen. Please be patient with me as I am still coping with losing that little boy. Just know, my sweet Bradyn, how much I love the little boy that you ARE, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE!! We are so blessed by you and I can't express how much joy you have brought us.

Bradyn had the honor of being on the Children's Miracle Network telethon a couple weeks ago. It was so much fun and such a neat experience. We got to do a radio interview and a television interview with Andy Justice. Bradyn was a little fussy so our time got cut short, but it was still fun. We got to tell just a little bit of Bradyn's story to help raise money for the Children's Miracle Network, which gives BSA equipment to take care of babies in the NICU and kids in PICU, both of which we are pretty familiar with.

His shirt! Very appropriate!
I love this one. Looks like he is showing off his shirt!

Waiting to go on live TV. Yes, live TV... At bedtime... with a fussy toddler. You do the math!


Just before our radio interview.
Always smiling!

On the radio.
This is Boston. He is a seizure alert dog! Pretty cool!
Kisses from Boston

Miss West Texas, Perryton native Whitney Sparks, was there too! Bradyn really liked her, as you can tell!

"Rest" time with Daddy.


Bradyn and Olivia have grown quite fond of each other this summer!

Aren't they so cute?


We love our little pool. I am thinking we must get a bigger one next year.
Gracen swam with us last weekend. So much fun!


Bradyn and Grammy floating!

I know I have not shared that much of Bradyn's story on here before. I just felt like sharing some of what he (and we) have been through in his 3, almost 4, years (and this was just the tip of the iceberg). Hug your babies tight and don't take one moment for granted. When your children are tearing up the house and you feel like you can't ever keep it clean, be thankful. I would give anything for Bradyn to tear up our house. When they are talking a lot or being loud and you just want a moment of silence, be thankful. What I wouldn't give to hear Bradyn talk to me. We never in a million years could have imagined that this is the path God chose for us. It is our life, and not many people understand it (nor do I at times), but what I do know is that Bradyn is truly a MIRACLE!!!














5 comments:

Brandea Allen said...

Kaci, this post touched me tremedously! Bradyn is a masterpiece. You amaze and inspire me. I want to be the kind of mommy that you are.

Grammy said...

I, too, Kaci am amazed by you daily. As your mom, I don't think I could ever be prouder of you than I was when the news of Bradyn's many trials started coming. I pray that you can see the many blessings that Bradyn's sweet spirit and precious smile bring to all of us. He is our miracle on Earth, for us to cherish and love with all our hearts - and boy do we ever!

Salem said...

Beautiful.

Debbie Felix said...

Kaci,
This blog post is absolutely heart wrenching and wonderfully heart warming!
You are an amazing Mother and set an awesome example for others.
Bradyn is just the sweetest little guy that melts everyone's heart!!
Love,
Deb

Calcutta University BCom Exam Result said...

Bachelor of Commerce Semester wise Exam Result 2020 now available online. Check 1st 2nd 3rd Year BCom Result 2020-2021.
Calcutta University Bcom Exam Result
Calcutta University BCOM 2nd Year Result 2019-20
Calcutta University BCOM 3rd Year Result 2020