Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hanging In There

It has been a pretty rough week in the Schwalk house. Bradyn's new sleep medicine was causing some negative effects. He was up almost all night from Monday through Wednesday, and napped very little on those days. He was SO restless he could not close his eyes and relax. He was not eating very much, having some tummy trouble, having tremors, and as you can imagine, was very cranky. On Thursday I called the Dr to see if we had to ween him off the medicine or if I could just stop giving it. He said that he really wanted us to "hang in there" until Tuesday so Bradyn would get two weeks on the medicine. He seemed to think that Bradyn would make it past a few hard days and then get better and be able to sleep. Thursday night went a little better, but still much worse than before the medicine. I was not expecting it to get better when on Friday night, a miracle occurred. BRADYN SLEPT ALL NIGHT LONG!!! (except for 3 very small awakenings) I was shocked. I did not want to get my hopes up, but I was excited to know that it is possible for him to sleep good. He had not slept all night since he was under six months. Saturday night was not so great, but I am having an easier time "hanging in there" , and who knows, it just may work.

On Saturday we went to our good friend, Adlee's birthday party at the gymnastics place. Grandpa and Bradyn discovered that trampolines are even better than bouncy balls. He squealed and laughed. It was the cutest thing. I think the Easter bunny might have to figure out how to get a trampoline in Bradyn's Easter basket!

He was having a blast
I took a few turns, but I could not make it as long as Grandpa.



Gracen came to the party too.

This is Emmerson. Grandpa was chasing her and she thought it was so funny. She would tell Gracen to "tell your Grandfather to chase us"! Deonne, I got another cute one of her, I will just email them to your mom so you can have them.






2 comments:

Deonne said...

Kaci,
It was so good to get to visit with you on Saturday! Bradyn is getting so big! It was so fun to watch him and your sweet daddy on the trampoline! I think a trampoline of his own is a must! :-) I will be praying that the new medicine works it's magic and you have many more restful nights. Thanks for taking the pictures! I can't wait to see the others!
'Hope you have a great week!
Love, Deonne

Lollynpops said...

Kaci, you are such a joy to watch! I loved watching you and Bradyn jump and your Dad has so much energy, I know that he is such a blessing to you. I will keep you in our prayers that Bradyn can sleep better. Hope that Easter Bunny comes!!! Love you Dianne