Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dr. Update

Another trip to Dallas is behind us. We had a bit of a wild trip this time. On Sunday our flight was delayed an hour. We found out it was delayed ten minutes after we had gone through security. It kept getting pushed back. It was lunch time for Bradyn and in Amarillo's airport there is not anything past security except for vending. I had some rice krispies packed so he snacked a little on those. It was 3:oo by the time he got to eat. Poor guy was starving so we stopped at the first place we saw. He was very patient with us, thankfully. We got to the room and he was SO happy to get to stretch out on the bed and play. We were too starving so I went to the Blue Goose to get our food. Bradyn ate again with Grandpa and I. He loved the rice and beans and had a little fajita as well. After supper Grandpa volunteered to play with Bradyn so I could hit some nearby stores. Of course I did not pass up the chance to shop. I brought Ben & Jerry's back to the room. Bradyn ate all of my brownie from my sundae. I think he would have eaten anything I gave him.

His appointment was first thing Monday morning. It went pretty good. The Dr. changed up Bradyn's melatonin (sleeping medicine which does not work). He said to try giving a little less because sometimes higher doses make people dream a lot and that can wake them more. I am willing to try anything at this point. Bradyn had lost a little weight ): I can't figure out why he is not gaining. I am sure the pediatrician will have some input on that. (We go on the 29th) We got finished at the Dr and had time to go back to the room and rest. Grandpa again said he would play if I wanted to shop. So I managed to find a few more stores!

We got to the airport at 1:15 and decided to go ahead through security and find somewhere to sit. Once again our flight was delayed an hour (to start with). It was 4:00 before we boarded. The crew needed to do some "cleaning up of a little mess" from the last flight before we could take off. So we sat for another 45 minutes. Little Bradyn was almost at the end of his rope. About half way through the flight he started screaming hysterically. He screamed the rest of the way, all the way through the airport, and all the way to White Deer. I don't know why, but once he starts, he just can't calm down. We were very tired and glad to get home. I am a little nervous about our upcoming flight to Florida. I thought he would do fine, but after this trip I am not so sure. Three hours is a LONG time to have a screaming kid on a plane.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I can imagine how you were feeling on that plane Monday afternoon Kace. But remember that almost everyone has had kids at one time or another & they all understand. I just hate it for little Bradyn--I know he get frustrated and can't figure out why. Our FL trip will be just fine. I know it!!

Felix Family said...

Glad to hear that the appointment went well. Good luck with the new medicine for his sleeping. You ALL deserve some much needed rest.

AND...the trip to Florida will go smoothly. He will have a lot of family members to keep him entertained. Your FUN trip is quickly approaching...How fun for you ALL.

Love Ya, B